Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Whew!

What a fantastic visit with the padres. But entirely too short. I blinked and I was back on the plane heading home. So here's the full rundown on what all we did. Arrived 11-ish Wed. morning (tired from staying up too late playing games--check this site for great Mac games: http://www.macgamestore.com/) Dad picked me up and we waited for my one RED bag. Then after standing there for a good few minutes, 7 or 8 red bags get dumped off at the same time. I could almost hear the laughter of the sado-masochists at the other end. Dad and I drove back to Kingman, passing on the Hoover Dam again. Pretty amazing structure and the bypass they're building is going to be just as amazing. Here's some pics, they are keeping a journal with pics--this is what we saw: http://www.hooverdambypass.org/Const_PhotoAlbum.htm#Feb2006

Dad was hoping they'd be keeping track and I guess they are :)

Continuing on to Kingman, we hit up a Wendy's and had some lunch. Then stopped at the house, dropped off luggage and went and saw Mom at work. She didn't get any of the days off since she was off for so long with the "damn feet" so she was pretty bummed. Did a bit of shopping for SB requirements (crap I can't live without). After that, Dad and I stopped off at his work and I got to see my cousin Kenny who works there and everyone else. Someone had baked cookies, but I just didn't look over there at all. Entirely too much temptation! Then went home, relaxed, mom cooked up fajita-like things (only bad thing was the type of tortilla used, so figured I'd live with it).

It was GORGEOUS there the entire time I was there. Just had to throw that in. Left K.C. at 58 degrees, cloudy, landed in Vegas, where it was a perfect 98 and super sunny. That was pretty much the weather every day. Sunny and in the 90s. Didn't get a lot of sun since I didn't take the time to lay out and get fried, lol.

The next day, Dad and I had originally planned some stuff, but the temptation to be lazy was entirely too much for me and I didn't even get out of PJs until mid-afternoon (after enjoying a wonderful three-hour nap). Unc Tom and A. Elaine came by for dinner and Kenny and Shawn showed up after work. Mom allowed me to help make the enchiladas. Okay, okay. All I did was throw 4 or 5 into the microwave and warm them up for her. Yeah...big responsibility there. Although, I did get yelled at for not getting it hot enough, haha.

We ate, then bullshitted for a while, then everyone headed home. Friday was a busy day. Dad and I got up and went to the shooting range they have outside of town. He got a yearly family membership and showed me how to shoot the two new guns he got. I liked the Glock much better than the dinky .380, but got better as I practiced. It only sucked because my hand would get tired before the 9 rounds were gone and it would start shaking. Dad was awesome at hitting the target! Kicked my ass and not for the last time that day.

Went home, packed up some snacks and water, got the walking sticks and headed up to the mountains. This hike made me realize how very out of shape I've allowed myself to get. Yikes. Seriously. My ol' man laughed at me. Not in a mean way, just laughed WITH me. Well, I was laughing when I could actually BREATHE!! I ended up going all of nearly a mile before calling surrender. We headed back down and went home.

Mom and I then headed to Laughlin and gambled a bit. (Okay, until 2:00 am, I could barely outlast my mom either). Ended up winning $50 on a quarter machine (woohoo). Actually ended up winning even more than that after I sat down and thought about it. But it's all good. Wanted to get the nuts to go play blackjack, but am a puss, so skipped out. The crowds surrounding them intimidated me. I want Paul to take me himself and get me acclimated so I feel comfortable trying it on my own. Only place to really have a shot at winning are the tables! Not that I'm a big gambler, but it would be nice to have another option besides throwing money at the slots.

Sat. we were planning on going to the Arts and Crafts Fair at a local park, but once again, laziness overwhelmed me. We did manage to move and get to Bullhead City to see my Unc's band play. Then to dinner where we had Mexican (again). I'm pretty well Mexican-ed out for a while :)

Sun. got up early and went to breakfast for Mom's day. Had given mom her gift Wed. so nothing fun to open. Good eats though! If you're ever out that way, hit up Mr. D's on historic Route 66. Yum. Got back to the house and read for a while, then showered, packed up. Hopped in the car to hit Vegas. We ended up going to the Apple store there which is in this huge mall that is on the North end of the strip (didn't even know it existed--Fashion Show Mall). They really did have a fashion show too. Mom watched, but Dad and I were busy ohhhing and ahhhing in the store. Realized I really, really want a big ol 60GB iPod, but just can't swing the $379 right now. Maybe I'll get it from Santa (hahahaha!)

Went to the place my niece was thinking of getting married in Nov. Very pretty. I'll post some pics that we took. She went and booked it (actually I think her mom did). So, as long as Mitch stays in line we'll be fine, haha. Just kidding Tash. Got to the airport and enjoyed a Starbucks Frappacino (definately NOT okay on the diet). But damn, it was good. Anyway, better get back to work! Oh yeah, will also post pic of the car if I can find it.

Love,
B

No comments: