Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Garden Pics!

I'm posting some pics of my garden in all it's glory. I'll try to explain what they are and not screw up too bad. If you can't tell, I'm totally obsessed with my garden, hehe. Here goes.


Can't resist showing off the cherry tomatoes we'll soon be enjoying! I have a feeling we're going to get a rush of them, then dry out for a bit but damn, I'll take what I can get!


That's all one species of cherry tomato! I think I may have overplanted JUST A BIT! I honestly thought most of them wouldn't survive the transplant, but they surprised me. I lost only two plants.


Sweet peppers in the foreground and the MONSTROUS zucchini plants in the back. Can you believe how HUGE these are?


One more pic of the zucchini. I just can't get over these guys.


Just showing you how large these zucchini leaves are. That's my wittle ol' hand there. Monsters.


Awww...my bean plants. They are bush variety so won't vine out, but they look like they're thinking of starting up some flowers. This variety only will harvest 2-3 times, so you need to keep a continous supply of seedlings going. Which I haven't done yet. This weekend will be for that.


My two lonely ol' cucumber plants. They're flowering so that's a good sign.


My containers of stuff. Left is basil and right is romaine lettuce. I'm expecting the lettuce to wilt out soon as it's way too hot for it. But the basil is doing well.


Right is parsley, left is cilantro. I'm pretty happy about the herbs, but I'll tell ya, nobody got seeds like Gurney's! I will be ordering herbs from there next year so I have a shot at getting something decent.


Let me know what ya'll think!
Love,
B

1 comment:

Laura said...

wow! beyond gorgeous!
i have lettuce, swiss chard, spinach, and a wee eggplant plant. tomatoes have only flowers so far. but i did eat 6 straw-berries today
your gardenis just wonderful! :L