Sunday, January 21, 2007

Random Pics to make you glad you don't live here

We got some snow yesterday which made our drive back from NE a nightmare. Ashley (my car pool buddy for class) and myself left class at 4 pm and got home at 10:30 pm. It should be a 3 hour drive, but the snow caused a big accident on 1-29 which completely closed the interstate for a while. We were sitting at mile marker 81.0 for over an hour before they told us to turn around and go back North. We ended up in Mound City trying to decide if we should stay at the Super 8 there or just wait it out or what. We ended up touring the country to get all of 6 miles further down the interstate, but it was enough to get us going south again. We counted 12 vehicles off the road from St. Jo to KC. Fun times. Here's some pics of around home today. Looks gorgeous, but it's awful to try to drive in.


My back porch. Reminds me of the last time we had a snow like this. I posted some pics on here of that too. Same damn snow. Fluffy crap.







My poor little froggies are buried. Don't worry guys, soon it will be spring again and then I'll have the garden to talk about! I've already been planning it out!









Damn, isn't he cute?


My hard-working man trying to dig us out.


This is a pic of some stuffed peppers that I made the other night. They looked great and were delicious. I can't remember why I thought I should take a pic to post on here, but someday I might want to look back on it and remember that recipe that I threw together at the last minute. Wish I could remember now, but I have hope that I will get it someday again, lol.

2 comments:

Laura said...

peppers look yummy!
the snow? well that's one reason
for living here in WA...

have garden beginnning. pot of spinach and one of mesclun lettuce mix and then onions and other stuff.
we also got in our potatoes on the lucky st. pat's. but i want to order some blue potatoes, just 'cuz.

laura

Anonymous said...

I feel overwhelmed by the amount of things on the internet I need to read!

Have fun at the resort and congratulations on graduating.

Eric