Sunday, August 07, 2005

Blah, blah, blah

We're getting even closer on the kitchen. Yesterday, hubby and I mounted the last of the countertop and several days ago we got the sink in. We picked it up and checked it out and both of us were surprised at how big it looked. I don't think it's going to be a problem at all! It's 8 inches smaller than our old sink, but I just can't see it. Paul was so convinced it must not be the right sink, so in the middle of Lowe's he had to measure it. It is, in fact, 25" big. Just very deep. So, we plan on trying to get that done tonight, depending on when Paul gets home from work. It's been a challenge to find time to do this stuff as it takes two people to get 'er done. But hopefully, later on this evening, I will finally have my sink back! I'm so excited about that. I'm going to go do some running around today and try to find some organizers for the cabinets. I'm definitely going to try to get the most out of the space, so there's not one square inch that can't be used. I'm also going to get and put on some of those felt buttons so when we close the cabinets, it doesn't make such a loud banging noise.

Also, found out that I'm going to be taking over the webpage responsibilities at work. Which is a bit of a challenge since I know absolutely nothing about it. I'm learning though and have until around December until I have to officially take it over. HTML is somewhat complicated, but I'm getting the hang of it with a fabulous online tutorial. We use Microsoft FrontPage, so I'm sure that will be my biggest challenge since Microsoft is famous for making the simplest things way too complicated, ie look at Word with it's "automatic" formatting. I hate that program. I would use Appleworks all the time, but can't if it's something someone else may have to look at.

Here's a story for ya'll. So, I'm really sensitive to changing out laundry detergents. Pretty much allergic to almost anything brand-name. Well, on Fri. and Sat. I was feeling a little uncomfortable in my "nether" regions...ie, my ass. So asked Paul , kinda desperately, if he'd bought and used something different when doing the laundry. Turns out he did and when we looked at it, turns out the Target brand of fabric softener is, in fact, made to be like Bounce. Ugh. Fortunately, the only piece of clothing I was wearing that he had washed with it was underwear. Unfortunately, it WAS underwear, which sits right next to my skin. So, today I will be re-washing those clothes with my old fabric softener and Paul has learned a very valuable lesson about his poor wife's sensitive skin, lol.

My toad has moved on to greener pastures I guess. I haven't seen him in the onions for a few days, so hopefully, nothing bad happened to the little guy. I guess when I moved the pot around while he was in it, he probably felt like there was an earthquake. But I was spraying my tomato plants with a pesticide and didn't want any to get on him. I got the most environmentally friendly product Lowe's had available, but it's still harmful to fish. I'm glad that I'm doing container gardening, so none of the nasty chemicals will reach the earth's soil. I resisted doing that for as long as I could, but eventually just had to as these little buggers are eating away at my plants. I've got some tomatoes growing, but not as many as I would like, so I've been diligently feeding the plants yummy things that they need to produce. Speaking of, that needs to be done today, so add that to my list of things to get done.

Well, I think that's about all I can think of right now. I'll be sure to post some pics of the kitchen if we get something done tonight!

Love,
B

No comments: