Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Kitchen Update


We're getting really close with the kitchen. We now have the countertops on, but not yet mounted. But I'm attaching a picture so you can judge for yourself. I'm really pleasantly surprised with how nice this has turned out. Now I just need to get in there and start organizing like crazy. Oh yeah, and a kitchen sink would be nice. I'm starting to get sick of having to go to the bathroom to wash anything or get water for anything. Right now, the stove isn't hooked up, so we can't cook even if we wanted to. The sink should come in tomorrow and then I hope we'll be able to get it in and take care of it. Tonight, I think I'm going to go buy a faucet set for the sink as Paul has given me free rein over that one thing.

Paul wanted a kayak for his birthday and is right now on the lake enjoying himself and getting some exercise. I'm all for anything that will help keep him around longer, but I hope he sticks with it when the weather is nice. Otherwise, we'll have a great big kayak to sell, lol.

As for me, I'm getting really excited about starting school. I've got a week and a half until my first class and then I'll be able to see just what this is going to entail as far as time is concerned. That's my only worry, is that I'll not have enough time to keep working my 40+ hours a week and till do well in the program. Fortunately for me, my boss is very understanding and says that school will be my number one priority and I'll be able to modify my work to fit my school. I got my trusty old bookbag out and it was like seeing an old friend! That's how pathetic I am! But I must say, my mom bought me that bookbag after I'd complained that I'd gone through one every semester because I was buying cheap ones. We got it on clearance so it was only about $40 and I'll tell ya. That thing doesn't look a day old. There's absolutely no wear on it, even after lugging 50 lbs of books around for two years. The master's program luckily doesn't have a lot of really heavy books so that's helpful.

Preparations for the 40th anniversary party are in full swing, but it's sure sneaking up on me quickly. Just like school did. I can't believe they're finally going to be here in Oct. I really miss my parents once in a while and get awfully lonely around here since I have so few friends. That's probably a big component to my excitement over school. I get to go home every other weekend and see all my friends and family a lot more often. The downside is that I won't be seeing Paul as much, but I think we'll be okay. Well, I'd better get off to work!

Love,
B

No comments: