Tuesday, August 05, 2008

2nd post of the night

I don't normally post twice, but I was going through my blog and found to my surprise that although I had THOUGHT about blogging things and putting up pictures of the garden, I apparently never ACTUALLY did. I was shocked to find there was a difference between reality and fantasy. My little bubble of my world has now been popped.

Enjoy!

Seriously. I have no idea when this is "ready". It would be great if someone could fill me in since this is so far the only canteloupe we actually have. I don't want it to rot on the vine. So, for future reference, there are 5 plants out there. To get 4 canteloupes, I need 20 plants. Shit. That means that my entire garden MUST be canteloupes next year.

My excuse for the sad state of my garden is that it's been too hot to be in the sun to weed. Believe it bitches. Now later this week is supposed to be cooler (at least not over 100 degrees) so we'll see if I actually get off my lazy duff and get out there.

Yeah, yeah, I know. Weed.

I think I may have to clean this out a bit before it's time to over-winter.

There really is cucumbers in there. Somewhere.

It's way too late for these to actually grow. I'm not sure what I should do with these.

I like a garden that's all natural. Growing wherever and however. I don't believe in being cruel and forcing plants to go where they don't want. Hence, the tomatoes are on the ground.

Yep. It's coming. This is another one of those things that I'm not really sure when it's ready.

Did I ever thank Brenda properly for this basket? It has truly been a life-saver.
Not bad for no money! Thanks again!!

So am I. I have a freezer full of it, so it's hard to be worried that the zucchini are dying off.

Corn. Nikki's piece. Sorry about the bad focus. And sorry that your corn will be buggy. But think of it as protein. Yummy! Many people around the world eat bugs. Just to let you know.

Pretty self-explanatory. I saw once I looked at this photo that are cherry tomatoes ready to be plucked. I'll get you tomorrow my pretties!

Just to clarify. This is plain ol' standard grass. Nothing to see (or smoke) here.

Hopefully, soon I will realize just because I write a post in my head that it doesn't magically appear on my blog, YET. That would be the coolest technology ever. Someone needs to invent that so I can just sit back and think my blogs. That would be the best EVER!!

Belinda

2 comments:

vsoy said...

Dude, you pick up the melon and gently pull it away from the vine. If it's ready, it'll slip right off. If not, stop pulling before you drag the whole vine with you. This is the same with cucumbers. It is pretty cool when it slips off.
We're drowning in cherry tomatoes and peaches now.
Linda

Laura said...

how was the melon?