Sunday, August 03, 2008

Last weekend

My brother, his fiance and her daughter came down last weekend. We first went to Science City in Union Station which is a pretty cool place to go. Then we stopped by the house, changed clothes and headed to Twilight hours at Oceans of Fun (after 3 or 4 pm prices are $17.99/person). The kids had a pretty good time especially when we finally found the kiddie pool. We also checked out the adults only pool which looks a lot of fun. I plan on going back there during the week that police, fire, etc are offered free admission. On the way out, the kids got suckers. And then we grilled out and chilled. Here's some photos!

The suckers were huge. I'm sure the amount of sugar in them hopped them up like a shot of ephedrine. But they were obviously very tasty.



The aftermath of Macy's sucker adventure. I think if her tongue would have reached, she would have preferred to lick her face clean, but Nicole had to hose her down.


My niece always straightens her hair and here is "never-before-seen" footage of her with it all curly. She's gonna be pissed that I posted these.


I'm not sure if you remember a little girl posing naked a while a go, but this is obviously genetic.


Nicole will likely never speak to me again for posting this photo. Heh. What can I say, I love au natural photos :)


The big man on the internet. I think we were checking out someone's my space page here. Not sure though.

The weekend was pretty fun, although got expensive for us all. My niece Amber is coming down next week with her daughters (including the NEW one!!) and I'm pretty pumped to see the baby. My mother has ordered me to take photos and since I don't want to be written out of their will, I will try to comply. So, expect more photos.

As far as the garden is going, we've eaten corn and finally some cherry tomatoes. The zucchini has slowed down considerably as I've been forced to remove some of the plants due to squash vine borers and squash bugs. The cucumbers are doing pretty well and my one canteloupe is still hanging in there. We've gotten a pretty good crop of green beans and I think those are pretty well done. It's been too miserably hot to even think about going out there so the weeds are out of control. Although the really tall grass might be helping to protect from the scorching sun. I plan on watering this evening, so I'll try to take some photos!

Belinda

1 comment:

Laura said...

i think your niece's curly hair is gorgeous!