Thursday, October 23, 2008

Pumpkins Galore!

Because I'm STILL off work, I get random ideas in my head cuz I'm bored. I decided to buy pumpkins to carve the other day. I ended up with four pumpkins with very little thought in my head of actually having to do all the work of carving them. I just thought four would look good. Driving on the way home, I had a thunderstruck idea (does that sentence even make sense?). I then called on the cavalry to help. Fortunately, my friends are super awesome and came to my rescue. Nikki and CJ brought their two pumpkins and each of us carved two. Nikki had a white pumpkin which was pretty awesome. Here's us...


It took Nikki forever to carve the intricate spiderweb on one side of the pumpkin. It wouldn't stand up on it's butt-end, so she got all creative (show-off). On the "face" of it, there's a spiderweb and on the upper top is a spider. When it's lit, the spider shows up in back. It's pretty sweet.


CJ all done with her pirate extravaganza. It was cool. To the right is one of mine. I like creepy pumpkins ;)

Woohoo. We are too awesome. These are lit. Then I figured out how to shut off the flash on the camera. It only takes me, like, a million tries to get something right.


Ohhhh....super awesome. I LOVE carving pumpkins. In case you weren't paying attention, CJ's in on the left, mine is on the right.

Here's Nikki's. This picture doesn't remotely do it justice. You can't see the spider in the back at all. Hopefully, Nikki will post something on her blog with a picture where you can see her spider.


Me, lighting with Nikki's assistance.


Here's my four. Nikki, me, CJ, me from left to right. The one on the far right is the creepiest one of the bunch. It was actually hilarious because CJ didn't realize it was a clown until it was light. Then she decided she hated it and it freaked her out. That means it was successful. If I can't make someone cry with fear at least once around Halloween, then my life is not complete.


Close-ups of the awesome-ness.


Another close-up of the other two.


Here's the four in place for Halloween.


And all ready to go. Woooooo...creeepppyyyyy!!!

Super fun times right there. CJ and Nikki also helped me deal with the pumpkin seeds from the six pumpkins. We have an over-abundance now, as you can see. The seeds have to be laid out to dry for a couple of days, then I will sprinkle a bit of salt on them and roast them in the oven. Since Nikki and CJ helped out so much, I suppose I will have to share with them. Sigh.






Well, that's pretty much it for now! I am hoping to be back at work soon, although I have a few more projects to get done at the other house and around here that I need to get off my duff and do. But I'm getting lazier and lazier!

Belinda

1 comment:

Betty (Beth) said...

That was SWEEET! I am totally jealous of your pumpkin carving prowess. Also of your pumpkin seed getting outness. I love pumpkin seeds, but it always seems to be super messy and they take forever to dry and I can never get the dumb pumpkin junk off of them. Anyway……those are awesome, and I didn’t even realize the creepy one was clown, and now I am doubly creeped out by it. :-/ Can’t wait for next week!