Monday, April 27, 2009

Free Labor

I got yelled at Friday. Yes, CJ, I hear ya' squawking.

So, my friends (my very, very, very, very good friends) came over forever ago and helped me clean out the nasty, nasty garden. They all brought their dogs and we had an impromptu dog park with 7 dogs running around. The odd dog sibling out is poor Troy and Adam's dog (big Rottie). Don't worry, they are looking for a little sister for him since he likes the little ladies. Here's pics!


Sarge and Buster making "friends". They wanted to "play". Pervs.


River discovered the greatest thing known to dog. A straw pile. The other dogs were just confused by her joy and love of making tunnels in the pile.


Yep, that's a face of joy there.


All the dogs were like, "is there food here? Is something dead I can roll around in? Where's the poop? What the hell is so fascinating??? Weirdo puppy." Ok, I'm not sure that's what they were thinking, but it rings of truth. Cold, hard truth.


Notice the look of pure joy on my face! I'm happy cuz I don't have to do all this work by myself.


Wuss. She totally couldn't hang. Although it may have been the best day of her life. What with the straw and all. Tough to beat straw piles. Sorry mom. Straw is the BESTEST!


See. They work. And work. And I take pictures. Heh.


Working...working...working. Well, technically, this picture is walking...walking...walking.


Again. How did this work out? I'm photo-ing and and they are hoeing. Hoeing.
Heh. That word never gets old. Or less funny.


We also went to the Pet Expo one Saturday and while I did not bring another dog home,
this is the stash of free stuff. Holy moly Batman.

So, a huge shout-out to Troy, Tanya, Nikki and CJ for helping me clear the garden. It's all ready to till now, but as it will never stop raining EVER AGAIN, I won't have ANY tomatoes or cucumbers or zucchini....or CORNNNNN!!! WAHHHHHHH!!!!

Alright, sorry about that. 15 minutes of crying and screaming whilst lying in the fetal position in the corner will really put perspective on what's important. I get it. Don't cry. Don't think of all the wonderful garden things you love that the awful rain is stopping you from putting in the ground...like WATERMELONS and BEEEANNNNSSSS!!!!! WAHHHHHH!!!!

Pardon me while I, sniffle, snif, snort, try to compose, sniff, myself.

Love,
Belinda

No comments: