Thursday, April 30, 2009

Good/Bad News

Good news first. The strawberries are making flowers. As flowers turn into strawberries, this is a good thing. My lettuce, radishes and spinach are flourishing. Plenty of good rain and good soil with good seeds makes things grow. Should be enjoying these things within a couple of weeks.

Bad news. The lake that is my un-tilled garden is, well...a lake. It's been raining pretty much constantly for days and days and days with no real end in sight. Looking at a 10-day forecast for the area, it's supposed to rain pretty much constantly or at least nearly every other day.




I like Potter's idea the best so far. He says we just need to drive to where they haven't gotten so much rain and buy dirt. So, Texas?? Unfortunately, the place we buy bulk top soil won't sell it when it's been raining because they leave it outside and it just gets muddy and heavy. They sell it by the ton so that wouldn't really be fair to dump a bunch of wet mud into the back of a truck. I think we may end up buying a shit-ton of bagged dirt to get the seedlings and tomato/pepper plants in the ground. Although I ordered plants, they haven't come yet but I need to check up on those and see what's what. Anyway, that's my sadness for the day! I'll take some pictures of the growing things and post them soon!

Love,
B

No comments: