Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Jumping on the old bandwagon

Well, howdy all who come to my blogspot...
I figured I'd jump on the proverbial bandwagon and get my own blog. Not that there is anything exciting to speak of in my life that anyone may want to read about. Hell, I may not want to read it. But figured, why not? I wanna be a part of this wonderful world of blogging. So, to any one who knows me and reads this, jeez, sorry. Don't care if people who stumble on it hate it, their fault for browsing blogs.

So, a little about me in the here and now. I'm a 30, married, childless (of the two-legged variety anyway), ex-college student (don't worry, I graduated) and soon to be current college student. I'm a major science nerd who loves biology and tolerates chemistry. Hate, hate, hate physics and calculus. Ugh. That's the only word that describes the hell of school. But anyway, I earned a BS in bio and am working in my field (gasp!). But not in the direct field I want to be in. So, I'm returning to school (oh, the horrors) to the detriment of my patient husband who has realized, too late, that he married an educational lifer.

I love reading books, high-brow stuff along with the smut. I'm not picky and never turn my nose up to a good read because it's a questionable genre or author. I rarely watch TV anymore besides movies. You may ask why...well, let me dust off the soapbox. I'm completely against the horrible dumbing down of society that the networks have accomplished in recent years with an influx of "reality TV." Sorry to those who's world revolves around who the bachlorette will pick NOT to marry, but I can't see wasting my life watching someone else live there's. The good shows that have been thought-provoking and intelligent have all gone by the wayside. I loved Dead Like Me (Showtime) and Carnivale (HBO) and both have been axed. So, I'm sticking to movies which I do watch when I can.

I'm a smoker and have been for a while now. I've been tossing around the idea of quitting, but am not ready to go to jail for killing someone just yet. My parents are still kicking and awfully frisky for people of their "advanced age." Gosh, I hope they read this. My husband is a wonderful, supportive man who only makes me want to slap him a couple of times a day. I consider this a huge measure of a successful marriage. Our 7-year anniversary is approaching and we've realized that we now finish the other's sentences. We figure in a few more years, verbal communication will no longer be needed. I have an older brother who has three daughters, which one of them has one daughter and another on the way. (If you can interpret that sentence, I'll give you a fruitcup!) So, that makes me a GREAT-AUNT at the age of 30. And all girls in case you skipped over the last sentence. Sorry to my 8th grade English teacher, that long sentence offended even me.

Let's see. Other pertinent info...hmmm. I have a wonderful extended family that happens to "extend" all over the continential US. Maybe even some outside of the US, but none that I'm aware of. I'd love to meet you though and please, let me use your little Italian villa by the sea.

Now for those who know me. I'll try to use this as I've always used my personal diaries I've kept all my life (don't worry, Dad, not that personal) but will try to update and spew words on you all. I so wanted to figure out a way to use the word "spew" in my blog. Success!!

For now, I'll stop my first blog so your lives may go on in peace. I didn't even break a sweat.

Love, B


No comments: