Saturday, May 28, 2005

Mac is all better...but I need a Zanex

So after about now...um, 11 hours...my Mac is all better I think. I ended up having to wipe out my entire old HD and install Tiger. We'll see how it goes. Just for ya'll who are interested, Tiger does not include iPhoto anymore so Jobs took a note from Gates and is charging extra for something that used to come with the OS. Hmmm....fishy methinks. But because of my "educational" discount, I can get it for a small $50. (That was said in total sarcasm). I managed to salvage all my old bookmarks, pictures, documents and music-burning up a grand total of 7 CDs and using a 1 GB stick of memory. Phew. So, I'm going to also invest in a backup.

I talked to a lovely man at Apple Support and since my Protection Plan is good for another 6 months, he was nice enough to send me out a free memory stick to replace the fried one. Woohoo!! Saved $100 and yet, the plan cost more so I think I'm still getting screwed since my Mac hasn't been any problem until now. In retrospect, I'm so glad that I purchased and attempted to install Tiger because I honestly doubt that I would have known about the problem otherwise. I would have just merrily went along and been in tears when the HD had a meltdown. Everything would have probably been lost because I've never done a backup until now. Learn from my mistakes children, back up your computers, back em up to hell and back.

Here's my thanks to everyone at the Academy...Eric, thanks for the moral support, I never could have wiped my hard drive without you...thanks to Mom for calling at just the right time to make me laugh (she quit her job today, threw her badge at the boss, hahaha--don't worry, they begged her back and silly woman, she went back)...and thanks to the hubby for being out of the house all day at the BBQ competition. I couldn't have done it without killing you if you'd been here.

So, hopefully the mac saga is over and my computer now has a great big smiley face on it and my files are safe from destruction.

Peace,
B

No comments: