Tuesday, December 06, 2005

How many days til X-Mas? Crap.

Well, it's definately December for those who might be wondering. We've been righteously spoiled with very good weather and now we're getting the cold stuff. Not much snow, but cold. But you can always find somewhere colder which makes me tolerate it better, oddly enough. Lincoln, NE, forecast for today was "bitterly cold" on weather.com. And Paul said it was -33 in Montana near where we used to live! I'm not entirely sure if humans are supposed to live that far north of the equator.

Got my stalking paper done and we managed to figure it out literally in the 11th hour. Our last two questions got us our man, at least a very likely suspect. Other groups, who aren't quite as stupid as we were, got it by their 1st question and were able to definately nail the same guy. Felt a whole lot better once we got that dude's name. The "source" was feeling sorry for us and piled a ton of info into the last couple of questions, so yay for pity.

Class consisted of talking about fantasy development and rapists for 9 hours. Always entertaining. We're winding that class down and only have final presentations, two papers and the final due next class. Ack! And me with no X-Mas shopping done yet. But Paul and I did put the tree up (which is pre-lighted), no decorations yet. It looks pretty nice and due to time, may stay that way. Also, got our X-Mas cards yesterday which I addressed and have mostly done.

Got to spend some more quality time with the Pomeranian on Thurs./Fri. Turned out she adopted him to a family in Lincoln so I offered to taxi him up there. Paul picked him up on Thurs. and for once, all the animals were getting along. Pretty rare. The little guy was laying on Paul's chest when I got home. Traveled so well, slept most of the time, although for the first hour or so of the trip, he did it in my lap, which was interesting. Got him to another temp home on his trip to his final destination. The new owner, unfortunately, named him Herbie Husker. Tracy got to see him too and fell in love, although the dog wanted to bark and bark at the cats, who didn't have a clue what to make of this little furball who was about 1/3 of their weight.

Saturday night we went out for Nicole's (brother's girlfriend) birthday. Then went back to the house, where we played poker and shot darts until almost 4 a.m. I slept until nearly noon and now my sleeping schedule is all funky. It was fun, especially since I got to use my brother's money since he got up and I sat in for him and ended up winning the first couple of hands, so he let me stay there. Just got him his original money back in the end.

So, this week is mainly for getting papers/presentations all done and the weekend for X-Mas shopping, but we'll see how it goes. It doesn't matter a whole lot since we can't do my family's Christmas at all this year until Jan. Paul has to close on X-Mas Eve which is supposed to be at 4 p.m., but we won't know until that day when he'll be home. He didn't work last year, but knows they sold 6 cars. I told my family that we wouldn't be there X-Mas Eve, but we're going to try to go to Junction, unfortunately, it puts everyone in limbo until that day. If everything works out perfectly, we'll try to go to Lincoln, X-Mas Day, but who knows. Weather is also a consideration of course.

Time to go to work since I'm late as it is.

Love,
B

3 comments:

Laura said...

hi there
tuesday 12/6 here and i'm procrastinating. need to go out in the snow to put up the mailbox flag.
tree up? us too, only ours is about 2ft high mini, but i admire and applaud your cards done already! argh. that has to come next!
scarey to read about your papers and study. it's interesting to watch ncis, looooove ABBY ! but actually working on this stuff? ick.
you have my admiration for your strength of purpose!
:L

Belinda said...

I'll send you my paper Eric. You'll be absolutely riveted. It's just that good, you won't be able to put it down. Warning: May cause anal leakage and induce a coma-like state.

Belinda said...

Awww!! Thanks Laura! Cards were only done since they are a pic card with the words already written on them, so no need to personalize. Sounds bad, but we didn't even think of that when we got them, but that the pic was nice and we needed to share! Turns out it was a good decision. Saved me tons of time!