Thursday, February 16, 2006

Black in Lawrence

Yesterday on the radio I heard that Lewis Black is going to do his show in Lawrence on the 23rd, so Paul and took a look and we managed to get seats in row E, just left of the stage! I'm so excited. He switched with someone at work so he gets off at 7 pm and the show starts at 10 pm. We're going to leave around 8 to get our tickets at the box office. Wasn't too bad as far as price, but I think it's worth it. I'm justifying it by saying it's our reward for doing well on the diet. Woohoo!

Paul went to the doctor yesterday and they don't think it's exactly a hernia. They think he may have just injured himself by doing too many push-ups and sit-ups and with the 'rapid weight loss.' So, they're playing it safe and just having him go easy and NO working out! But the doc did say that the diet we're on is great. Since they had him there, they did an EKG and drew blood for a whole round of tests, including cholesterol and kidney/liver function. EKG was normal, so no problems there. With his family history though, he definitely needs to be going and getting checked out. He really liked the nurses and doctors there (they're mine) and hated his old doc so hopefully that will help him to go more often. He's going back in 2 weeks to see if he feels better with his injury, and if he doesn't then they will most likely do a sonogram to see if it really is a hernia.

My trip to CA got cancelled unexpectedly. Turns out (just found this out yesterday) that they moved my classes, so rather than having them every two weeks, they moved one up, so we have them each week for two weeks. This completely screwed everything up and I now have class on the 22nd. So, no trip for me. Fortunately, Southwest allows you to make changes to your flight, so I went ahead and re-booked it for May (after classes are over, so NO more screw-ups) and am going into Vegas to spend some time with mom and dad. Figured might as well, since I'd already spent the cash on the LA flight. Only cost me an extra $3, so that's okay! Have to cancel hotel yet, but already contacted the person who's organizing and in charge of the convention and she's going to donate my membership. So very bummed out about missing out on that, but oh well. I can't skip one class, it's the equivalent of missing nearly one month's worth in a regular program. But it's good that I get to see mom and dad for sure now. Paul's saying that while I'm gone, he's going to tear up our bathroom and start the remodel. We were intending to use our federal refund back (I kept telling him we weren't getting much, but he's an eternal optimist). I did taxes the other night and HAHAHAHA, yeah. We're getting squat back, which turns out to be less than squat since we have to pay into Missouri and Kansas both. Nice. We need some kids, quick. The only thing that saved us from having to pay into federal is the lifetime learning credit. That thing rocks!

Okay, better get back to work!

Love,
B

1 comment:

Laura said...

sorry to hear re trip!!
tell me about the lifetime learning credit.
i was already going to deduct the $200 almost in computer learning programs for al - as job improvement?:L