Monday, February 27, 2006

Yadda, yadda, yadda

Edit to add in Paul's. He's gained a bit, but dammit, don't give up you SOB! (Yeah, that's a loving wife for ya!)



There so much to write about, but I'll just try to hit the high points. To get the weigh-in out of the way, first mine. I'll edit to add in Paul's after he gets back from Junction City.




As you can see, I had a very good week to make up for my cheating, so I'm pretty stoked about that. Now, to get the umph to start exercising. Anybody got a red hot poker?

So, Thurs. we went to see Lewis Black in Lawrence. Very small venue and we were pretty damn close (only 5th row). Is it possible to over-use your smiling muscles? We laughed for pretty much 2 hours straight. We got to Lawrence, picked up our tickets and walked down on Mass Ave to grab a bite (we had about 45 min before they'd start seating). We randomly choose this place called the JayHawker because it didn't seem terribly busy. We were seated and proceeded to wait for any sort of waiter-guest contact for about 10 min. My hubby actually got pissed and wanted to leave, so we left. Now, for those of you that know my hubby, he's pretty damn patient (you might've guessed that because we've been married for nearly 8 years and he hasn't killed me yet). He's the kind of guy that could get the wrong food entirely and just eat it rather than send it back, or he won't get something that should've came with his meal and he won't say anything. Me on the other hand, well, I'm a bigmouth. I'm usually the one who gets all fired up. But the place wasn't cheap and he said if we're gonna drop $50 in this joint I damn well expect some service. That's it in a nutshell anyway. So we went to this other place and cheated royally. We each had two drafts of Boulevard and I can only say it was like ambrosia. Yum. I even caught a tiny buzz! Shocking, I know. That's what not really drinking does to ya. I had spicy chicken fingers (the aroma made my eyes twitch, so you know it was really spicy) and Paul had a melt with lots of veggies. So, we really only cheated with the bread on his sandwich, the breading on mine and the beers, so in retrospect not as bad as I thought. I'd tell you more about the show, but I'm lazy and going to move onto other things.

My garden is officially starting! I spend a couple of hours yesterday getting the seeds planted in a jiffy greenhouse to start em up now. Just so you know. Bean seeds are freakin' huge. We're trying a couple of different varieties of cherry tomatos, Big Beef tomato (more regular size), sweet peppers, zucchinis, two types of beans (topcrop and something else-brain fart), cucumbers, canteloupe, and onions. There could be more I'm forgetting, but I think that's it. So, for dinner tonight, we'll be sending up a sacrificial rotesserie chicken to pray for the growth of at least some of them. I packed so many beans in those little peat pots, we could be shortly taken over entirely. If you don't hear from us for a while, send in a search party with machetes to hack us out.

Also installed my 250 GB external hard drive. Didn't even fry the damn thing, so success! Managed to successfully partition the drives as well. 100 GB for system backups and 150 (actually around 140GB) for miscellaneous stuff to help free up my computer. Haven't gotten everything moved over yet, just iPhoto pics. Next is the iTunes library, but there's a trick to that and I can't remember it. I'm going to move over some of the applications that I don't use regularly too. The enclosure came with a little fan which is good because I can feel some heat coming off it anyway so can't imagine what it would feel like without the fan.

Giving a class presentation on Thurs. and haven't really done anything yet, so that's for tonight and tomorrow night. Betta bust ass on it to get it to the group on Wed. So, will be in Lincoln by early Thurs or late Wed. If I feel perky enough, I'll drive Wed., but if not, Thurs. morning. The weather is supposed to get into the 70s this week! AHHHH, spring :) Our final is this Sat. so wish me luck in NOT procrastinating.

Amber's baby shower is this weekend too and I'm going to help my niece (oldest one) go through and organize the massive amount of baby clothes she has to give some to Amber. Since we're doomed to have all girls, it works out well in the clothes arena, but Tash has no idea what all she has. Sunday, we'll decorate and have the shower. Hope to see some of you there! Better go get lunch ready!

Love,
B

1 comment:

Belinda said...

I want to totally move it over so it's not on the puter anymore. There's a trick to it unless it's like iPhoto where I just moved it and then tried to access it then told it where to find it. You may be getting a call.