Monday, March 06, 2006

Attack of the mutant plants! Run for it!

Yes, I planted what I thought was normal seeds from perfectly normal vegetables. I didn't realize I was about to embark on my own 'little shop of horrors' journey. Check these bad dogs out!





So, the problem is now that I can't exactly plant these guys in the ground just yet because it's a little too cold. I don't want to kill them off by pre-maturely sticking them in the ground. Just in case you wanted to know, Gurneys.com is where I got the seeds and I planted them in Miracle Grow. Apparently a dangerous combination! We'd bought seeds last year at Lowe's and it took 4-6 weeks to get them to the transplantation point. And only about 40-50% grew, but not Gurney's I'm not sure what steriods they put in there, but they work hella good. I'm wiped out, so will try to blog more later and tell you all about my weekend and my upcoming 5 weeks from hell.

Love,
B

2 comments:

Laura said...

you need to thin/transplant to the next size pot- that's what a nursery would do.
good growth!
i need to start some but no dinero at presento.

we start outside on st paddy's day when you must plant at least one potato for good luck!

Laura said...

another note - we've had great luck with the initial seed to sprout. next stage is harder, due to something called "damping off" where the wee stem rots, and then trouble in doing the transplant and having them live.
so if you succeed i need lessons.
i am so wishing i had seeds started!!
lucky you!