Thursday, March 09, 2006

DOH!

I was reading back through the blog and realized I hadn't updated on some stuff I said I would. Paul got his test results back and his cholesterol is a shining 176! He's a little high on the bad cholesterol, but nothing that can't be put in check. His potassium levels were a tad high so they had him come back 2 weeks later and get tested again. Well, today those test results came back and the potassium was much higher this time. They narrowed it down to the possibility of peanuts and peanut butter being the culprit, so he can't have any nuts for the next two weeks until THOSE results come back. Paul's tummy was hurting him again, so I think when he sees the doc about the K+ levels, he needs to talk to him about that too.

Amber's baby shower went really well, lots of people came and we had pretty good snacks (cake, cupcakes, nuts, etc). The night before my oldest niece and I went through the girls' closet and got some organization going. We separated out all the clothes and got them either hung up, put in dressers or in the 'give away' pile. Before we started that, my niece actually made me dinner. Lasagna, yummy. I was very impressed. Amber got a TON of diapers and really useful stuff. I think she was happy with it.

After waiting and watching on eBay for several months, I finally got my UGGS for what I wanted to pay. Nothing like getting something 2/3 cheaper than retail. :)

We're going to expand our garden since it looks as though most of the stuff will be growing. If it looks like it's going to really produce, I need to learn about freezing and canning. Don't want anything to go to waste. Still spinning my wheels at work so I have low job satisfaction right now. I can't got any further without either new data or some help. Boss has been working from home for a while now, so haven't even seen him for a week. Hopefully, he'll be in today sometime so we can go over some stuff and he can let me know if I should take every Friday off or not for the next month.

For those of you who may not know this, Mom had bunion surgery last Thurs. She didn't tell very many people since she didn't want to 'make a big deal out of it.' They didn't have to put a pin in the left foot, just shave the bone down (yeah, gave me the shivers typing it) so her recovery time should only be 2 weeks or so. They think they'll have to pin the right foot thought, so she'll be bored for 6 weeks. She's already going pretty crazy right now not working. I would be catching up on sleep which I desperately need (ah well, I can sleep 5 weeks from now). I'm whining, better stop. :)




Here's some pics of my wacky kitty who found a much preferable home today. He didn't move from this box for at least 20 min and was still there when I left for work. I can't imagine how he got his fat butt in there, but it's adorable!

Love,
B

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

just for you
composting site: 'http://www.epa.gov/epaoswer/non-hw/composting/'

also. danger in measuring cholesterol while on weight reduction - specifically south=beach atkins type diet.
i had a very low chol too, and my doc says it's a "false low" due to dieting and will rebound.
so you have to recheck in the stabilization phase, once wt loss is gone?
still good news i hope. mine rebounded to 265 from 140 and it was 250 before the south beach diet.
... but the weight came back too. depressing.

maybe i should try again.

only how in the world can i eat that much protein [or afford it] on a very low $ income and in a vegetarian [except fish] household? :L

Laura said...

surprise!!
package came. luscious wonderful nummy seeds!
i have some dirt, i have some peat pots ... i am going to have an adventure!

so step 1, how soon do i start in the miracle grow?
those are the nicest seedlings i've ever seen!!

... at this end. al is crashed out, working too hard. i've just submitted 5 or 6 designs and am pooped but maybe some will be accepted. and i'm working on some stuff for an upcoming book of patterns. first item is still being "tweaked".
and i'm designing more socks.
speaking of which, how are your toes? do you want more socks?
2nd speaking. i sent a handknit pair of men's socks for xmas. didn't know whom they would fit, Paul, dad, marty. never heard?
al is size 9.5, think you said Paul is 10 [socks were 9.5] and i don't know dad's or marty's size...
they were machine washable wool ....

Laura said...

putting up food.
just tell me - i have a good freezer book i will send - we had good luck w/ freezing green beans, and mr. al the "eats everything guy" ate them even 2+ yrs old [blanch everything before freezing].
our 2nd fave - my #1 is NEVER can - dry. it's less work, definitely not as hot in ks humidity! and food lasts longer.
a knitting needle is a good food poker, say for red dried tomatoes and good plum-prunes. but never had success w/ drying zuccini, or pears. the zuccini we shave/grate and freeze in bags and it works well thawed in pancakes and etc.
babble on Laura.
bye