Monday, May 26, 2008

Garden, again

Well, I was recently in Nebraska for a few days and when I came back, my garden was bountiful and beautiful. Now, just to weed it. I needed a hoe to get in there and ordered some Rogue hoes from eBay. They are handcrafted in Kansas and I got four of them that hopefully will last us forever. Check em out here.


I also found an interesting (and CHEAP) way to support the tomatoes and maybe other things.
It's a Florida Weave system and uses sticks and twine to weave around the plants to support them. Sounds good to me!

Finally, some grass is growing!


Ummm...not so much here, although it's trying.


Random bleeding hearts that just popped up out of nowhere. It's so pretty even Paul left it alone.

Zucchini has been transplanted successfully!

Cantaloupe here. Only planted about 8 plants so we'll see how that goes.

Beans, beans, the magical fruit...hehe. Seriously, these are some green beans and some grass. Damn. Can't grow it where I want but it's sure popping up everywhere I don't want it.

Here's corn if you can see it beyond the field of grass! Yes, I desperately need to weed in here.

Tomatoes :)

Radishes, bounty beautiful. They taste marvelous.

Mixture of buttercrunch, spinach and leaf lettuce blend.

We built a little fence around the strawberries for multiple reasons. The first to keep the dogs out of here, second to make it easy to put mesh over it once we decide to let berries come (keep birds out), and finally, to easily put straw over it for the winter.

What's left after kicking out the radishes. There's a few tomatoes that I'm trying in the bed to see what does better and cabbage and broccoli.

All the lettuce and Brussels sprouts. Notice the lawn chair. This is where Paul sits and watches while I work. He loves to sit and watch me work, haha.


Belinda

1 comment:

Laura said...

great garden shots! i like the strawberry fence. we're slowly getting more and more tired of gardening here. i will have more porch pots next year, as that way they get afternoon shade from our 100+ heat, and yet A.M. sun.
works for lettuce and a lot of stuff.