Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I was out in the garden today and realized I haven't posted pics of the delicious things we're growing. Hopefully, there's some fabulous things we can start eating. I already pulled out a radish and washed it up and enjoyed the spiciness. It was really good.

Yay!! Corn is coming up. Always fantastic when the seeds decide to start coming.


The tomatoes aren't ready to transplant just yet. The fun thing is that I sorta forgot to mark what was what. There's a mixture of cherry and Romas in here. I do know that each of the blocks has one type. So, that should be interesting when they get big and strong and are all mixed up. Aw well. It'll all grow the same I guess. The mystery will be solved in a while.

Here's one of the beds. Below is same bed, but a closeup.

All broccoli. Come on babies. Mamma wants some little "trees" to eat!

This one is pretty self-explanatory. They look good!!

How pretty! Too bad I have to pull these out for a while yet. I pluck each of the flowers (every day new ones come up) so the plants focus their energy on establishment and not fruits. Should be able to let some later season ones as long as the dirty birdies don't get them first.

Bed #2!
Closeup of bed. I HATE this mulch. The other beds have way better mulch which has fallen off the face of the earth. No matter where I go, I can't find the fabulous mulch that I got before.

Spinach and buttercrunch. Can't wait to enjoy the lettuce. Paul ate up some of the spinach.

Brussels sprouts. (Is it brussels or brussel? I never know.)

I decided to get the soaker hoses going for the long rows. I needed about 40 ft. I only could buy 25 ft and 50 ft so there's quite a bit extra. The connector is pretty awesome. You can select which of the hoses you want to be turned on and which off. Sweet.

Here's the soaker hoses in their new homes. They are soaking away!

Works damn well if I do say so myself.

Here's a worm that came up during the soaking. I have no idea why I took a picture.

Fun times in the garden!!

Belinda

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Gooooooooooooooo Corn! I'll be over here, waiting patiently to sneak into the garden under the cover of night to steal some of that delicious Silver Queen. Mmmmmmmmm. Oh, how I've missed you. Sure, call me a racist, but I like my corn pure white.