Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Won't be quitting my "day" job

Turns out that I'm not so hot at grooming dogs. We've known this for some time, but this is almost record-breakingly bad. I shaved Brody as we usually do in the summer. Over the winter, she gets mats and nastiness that just can't be brushed out. And she's a Newfie mix so belongs in -20 degree weather. She's pretty much miserably hot anytime it's over 40 degrees, so we feel she's just more comfortable (she has yet to vote in on the issue). Unfortunately for Brody, we're cheap and refuse to actually PAY to shave her. Heh. Check out the pics and get a good laugh at my fabulous dog. She's totally show ready.

Here's a nice "before" shot. Notice the huge amount of hair.


Oh yeah. This is just wicked awesome.


I'm pretty sure she doesn't realize how bad this haircut is.


Here's a closeup of that super special bald spot. She moved. No, really. She did. It's not that I really suck at this. Ok, so I really suck at this.


She does look slightly depressed. It can't help that Paul just keeps laughing every time he sees her. My witty retort was that we could crank out the cash and have it professionally done. He just keeps on laughing. And he then added that she looked nothing like a dog. He keeps asking her if she's a rat. Meanie.

My services are totally free if you'd like me to do this to your dog. But make sure I have a six pack of beer ready. That's all I charge! Can you believe how cheap this service is? Your dog could look like this!!

Belinda

2 comments:

Nikki said...

Poooooor Brody! I hope she doesn't have to go anywhere outside of your yard anytime soon! I told Remy that if she comes to visit, she's not allowed to laugh, but she wouldn't agree to such an outrageous request.

Anonymous said...

Oh my god! Your poor girl! Seriously dude, did you down the six pack of beer and THEN shave her? I can understand Paul's reaction though because I honestly laughed at that for a good five minutes. And then I laughed again. Poor Brodster :-(