Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Random

Here's a little update on the lives at the Potters (brace yourself). First, here's a photo of the new outdoor rug we purchased at Target. It was slightly obscenely expensive but does look nice and makes the back porch kinda cozy. The "mystery plant" was one we received from Paul's work years ago when his mom passed away. We have no idea what the hell it is. Every winter, it gets all crazy and drops every single leaf. This year it was the worst and I was pretty sure those three sticks that were in the pot weren't going to come back. Color me surprised. It looks even better than before. The other plant is our beautiful lime tree that gets all crazy huge in the summer and then slows WAY down in the winter. No limes yet, but I'm eternally hopeful.

We had some friends over this weekend and a drunken Paul got the camera out to take photos. Pretty fun evening. We just hung out and ate and drank and then played a new Trivial Pursuit. I only did okay because my partner was Brenda. Brenda (sitting next to me, all crazy happy) has tons of useless information in her head. There's so much useless stuff in there, it's amazing she can function on any level at all.


Garden update!! Check these out!









I harvested the remainder of the lettuce and it's sitting in the fridge. Nothing else to harvest yet, but I'm hoping soon!

I attended my great-niece's little B-day celebration tonight and got some really cute pics that I will post some of someday. She's five now and I can't hardly believe it! Brooklyn has confused herself with a 13-year-old girl and is pretty hilarious. When she was telling me what she wanted for her birthday (a Bratz doll that you can put makeup on), she also let me know that Wal-Mart had plenty of them. Mommy had already gotten it for her, but it was cracking me up. Anyway, hopefully soon I'll remember to put those pics up, but this weekend I am heading up to Nebraska so most likely will forget completely. Nothing else going on that is worth blogging about right now, so there's your exciting update!

Belinda

1 comment:

B Fuhr said...

I'm not sure if I should be upset about the comment on my random knowledge, but I often wonder how I exist too... so maybe I'll just nod my head.