Thursday, June 09, 2005

ACK! Attack of the poison ivy!

I think I've now been officially indoctrinated into the world of "grown-ups." I have my first case of poison ivy. Fortunately, it's just a few spots on one of my inner arms and isn't too bad at all. Me and my rash met when I was attempting to channel the spirit of Martha Stewart. It was fate some might say...but I say it was nothing but bad luck. I recognized the ivy and tried to be careful when snipping it out, but obviously, I suck at careful. But the little flower garden I made around our big tree in the front yard looks great! No pain, no gain. (And, yes, I feel the burn...er, rather, the itching.)

That was one of my weekend projects to get the area cleaned up. Hubby planted some flower seeds in the spring but barely any took and we got overrun with weeds, grass and (who'd a guessed it) poison ivy. So, I went to Lowe's and bought a bunch of perennials and annuals to mix it up a bit. My theme was "Riot of Color" basically because I'm entirely too lazy to plan out some big plan thing. So, I weeded out the riff-raff and got the flowers planted and so far, none have died! This is a huge accomplishment for me! (Golf-clapping for myself.) Then I hopped into the shower and was off for a BBQ at my boss' house. I got there and had a Corona in hand within two minutes of arrival, so success. We all sat around and bullshitted for about (wow) 8 hours. You'd think we saw enough of each other at work, but we rarely have the time to just chat. I see more of my co-workers than I do of the hubby...wait a minute. Maybe THAT's the key to a successful marriage. Haha. My other weekend project was to make my ghetto tomato cages for my going-crazy tomato plants and to rig up some sort of support for the sugar snap peas. Got those done early Sat. morning too. Gosh, I was productive! In case you're thinking I've morphed into someone else, don't worry, I was lazy most of Sunday, so it balanced out.

Last night there was some excitement in the ghetto. I actually made it to bed at around 11 pm (early night for me) and at 2 am hubby shoots up out of bed (he heard a scream)...then we both hear a woman yelling. He gets up and goes to investigate (cause don't you know, he only sells car by day...by night...he's CARMAN, superhero to the ghetto tribe). I attempt to ignore and go back to sleep...no shakes, jake. So get up and look out the window. He comes back in and then shortly thereafter, we see a woman in pjs and no shoes jogging down the middle of the street. She doesn't come back. He thinks, drug deal gone bad. I think, hmmm, domestic dispute. Then we see a shirtless man coming from a different way...he goes the opposite way of the woman. Then a car coming from the woman's direction going in the man's direction. (If you follow that, whew...you're a champ). Then nothing. After nearly 40 min. I finally convince him that no one was killed. Obviously I was right and he was wrong. When will he learn?

Anyway, I'm going to hit the sack and I'll fill you in on my exciting weekend coming up. Who knows...maybe I'll get hives! Fun times.

Love,
B

No comments: