Saturday, June 11, 2005

Weekend of fun and sun...er, maybe not

Big plans for the weekend...er, maybe not. Sorry, for a second there I thought I had a life. Sheesh. Anyway, here's my plans. Maybe if I write them on here, I'll be forced to do them all (could work, right? Give me hope, please). Here's my "accomplishments" list:

1) Do the laundry (this is supposed to be Paul's job, but we'll cut him some slack since he's working so hard. Doesn't mean I can't mock him about it...but it'll be our secret that I don't mind too much.
2) Wash dishes. Dish situation is now at "Level Orange." We are nearly out of plastic cups and will have to start using the glass ones. This is hazardous because Paul likes to break things (unintentionally of course, at least I think so).
3) Organize my closet. People who have been forced to live with me know that I'm sloppy. My morning ritual consists of trying on clothes, discarding them because they "make" me look fat and said clothes not making it back on the hanger. Then they pile up during the week on a rack in my closet. And my shoes are everywhere although my hubby kindly gathered them up and threw them in a big pile on my closet floor. I guess we've been married long enough that he knows how to "hint" at me to do things.
4) Read journal articles for work and get my prensentation started. I have to give a long (20-25 min) talk at work on Fri., so must start getting that together. I don't want to be stressing about it Thurs. night and so am trying to not procrastinate. Whether this will actually be done remains to be seen.
5) Clean the entire house. HAHAHA...sorry, had to throw in that much needed humor.
6) Repot my out-of-control tomato plants. They're starting to get frisky and crowding each other out. This may require having to make an impromtu trip to the local Lowe's for supplies. Sigh. I hate having to leave the house.
7) See if tattoo I want is do-able. I think I've finally decided on my final tattoo design. But it's pretty intricate and I fear will be very large and complex (this equals pricey). So, luckily, there's a tattoo shop less than 5 min from the house so I plan on stopping by tomorrow because we are on the same schedule during the week so I can't ever get in there.
8) Take a 3-hour nap at least once this weekend.

Wow. That's a lot of stuff. I'm guessing only half will get done. I'll try to post something about what I actually got accomplished. So, anyway, time to hit the hay!! Niters.

Love,
B

No comments: