Friday, June 03, 2005

Babble and Yabble

Well, what to discuss on here. Feel like it's time to blog, but don't have too much to talk about so I'll start typing and see where this takes us. (Fair warning to readers, side effects of the following blog could result in extreme boredom, depression, but probably no anal leakage, so read safely and hold onto all moving parts.)

It's raining again. It's been raining for a couple of days which really has to be putting a dent in the drought in the midwest, but since I'm not sure how far down we were, maybe not. Hubby cringes because he then has to cut more grass, more often. He's currently cutting 4 or 5 other lawns besides ours drumming up a bit of extra money for his toys he likes to have. But when he set this all up, he didn't realize how many hours he'd be putting in at work, so that's making it interesting finding the time (and days when it's not raining) more diffucult. He's really sensitive to poison ivy and last summer fought with it several times, once so bad, both of his eyes swelled shut, so we tried to find him a product called "IvyBlock" which you put on before you think you may come in contact and it's supposed to help prevent the oils from penetrating the skin...no luck at Wal-Mart. I'm going to hit a pharmacy this weekend and see if I can find it for him. Better to prevent totally than try to treat after the fact.

I think I'm going to bite the bullet and get Season One of Carnivale, HBO's recently cancelled original show. It was great for those of you who may not have caught it. Well worth the investment. (Official plug-help save Carnivale: http://www.savecarnival.org). Seriously, try to check out this amazing show!!! It's got 24 hour-long eppys to get through, but I've never been this addicted to a show before and so involved in it. I'm sort of a TV snob when it comes to most of the crap on TV right now, but Carnivale was amazing and wonderful and...just great. That's why I'm so sad it was prematurely cancelled.

Alright, I've totally yabbled and babbled on enough now and bored you all stiff. Promise my next blog will be exciting and splendiforous!

Love,
B

No comments: