Tuesday, June 21, 2005

What I did this summer...well, maybe this week

Here's an update on my long week. Last week was spent doing a lot of boring work stuff so I won't mention that for fear of inducing a coma-like state. Big skip to Friday. After work on Fri., I drove to Nebraska and met up with Tracy at her house. We then went to my brother and his girlfriend's place and caught up and had some laughs. Then Sat. morning Tracy was nice enough to take me to a coffee shop and I got a massive mocha (yummy!!). Then we went to the bridal shop and she tried on her bridesmaid dress for her sister's wedding. They are so pretty! But the dimrod at the shop ordered it a size too big even after Tracy told her she was running a 26-mile marathon in Oct and would probably be losing some weight. I guess they maybe hear "I'm going to lose weight" from a lot of people who don't follow through so just ignored it. BTW, she looks fantastic! And I'm so proud of her for what she's doing! Then we went back to the apartment and I hopped in the shower because now I'm about to be really, really late. I picked up Nicole and we headed to the baby shower. Tasha looks so cute pregnant. She's one of those women who gain weight only in her belly and she looks great! Because of my crazy week, I didn't have time or energy to buy a gift, so I just stuck a little money in there and then told her we'd go shopping and get her something she needed, but didn't get. We went to Tasha's apartment to unload and then talked for a while. Then back to Tracy's where we relaxed for a bit and then got ready to go out. We walked over to Brewsky's for dinner and a beer, then over to Chris' house, where we BS'd for a little while longer. Chris is going to try to raise some money for Tracy and hopefully will get some cash out of her work. On to the Point After where the band wasn't too loud or obnoxious and where I enjoyed three beers to Tracy's one rum and diet coke. I know, usually it's the other way around with Tracy being ahead of me by a couple, but she's so dedicated to this marathon and drinking isn't in the training plan. We shot some pool and then headed home.

I crashed out around 1:30 am and was rudely awakened by a monstrous German Shepard (Bear) at 5:30 am. After some explanation about the merits of sleeping in, he left but thought 7:30 was also good. Then back at 9:30 when I finally got up after contemplating how mad Chris and Cole would be if I killed their dog (I decided not to find out). I showered and headed over to Tom and Sherry's where they've put up an above-ground pool. We had some fun and I didn't want to leave although I finally did at 6:30 that night. Got home and crashed out a while later.

Yesterday was our 7th anniversary and so after work I stopped by and got a copper fire pit for Paul (and me!) and picked up a giant chocolate chip cookie. I stopped by his work and dropped off the cookie and talked to him for a little while. Found out he has this weekend off so we're going to start destroying our kitchen and getting the new cabinets installed. He got home around 9:30 or so and we went outside to admire the pretty fire pit (many oohhhs and ahhhhs were said by all!) Then inside to watch TV. Whew, the romance of our anniversary stuns me. Damn his work anyway.

Good things that happened though. I got my financial aid award letter for school and am now about to go into debt by another $18K. Yay! Loving the debt thing. Hope this program pays off! And got my books for the first year (at a serious bargain of only $250-guess graduate school doesn't nail you on books too bad). Paul noticed them when he got home and asked if I'd flipped through them yet. I told him no, I put together the fire pit. So he picked up the one that's called Forensic Pathology and sees some really nasty stuff and is like, "ewwwww." Dork, shouldn't gone for the nasty one. So, I flipped through it too and it's really interesting stuff. All my other books look great too and I can't wait to read them and start learning!!

Anyway, that's where I'm at as of this moment. So, blog at ya later.
Love,
B

No comments: