Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Please skip...too boring for words

Well, haven't really updated in a while so figured I'd fill ya'll in on my exciting life. Spent the weekend being a total vegetable on Sat., only moved from the couch to go to bed for a 4-1/2 hour nap. Watched some TV, didn't touch homework. Did that on Sun. for some of the day, but sheesh. So much reading to do! That's what I'll be doing as soon as I'm done with this. I have a paper due this Sat. and want to get it banged out tomorrow night or at the latest Thurs., and I think the reading will help me, so want to get that done tonight if I can.

Stayed at work too long tonight and last night, busy time. Boss came back from vacation so it's a lot of catching up to do, filling him in. Can now have breads on the diets and fruits (missing those BIG TIME), so swung by Hen House last night to stock up. They definitely have the best choices in whole wheat pastas and all kinds of good flours we can use. Forgot to buy apples, so that's a bummer. As you can see, the diet's going well. Paul is doing awesome, although I hope he's not going to overdo on the breads now. He had his first sandwich in 2 weeks last night and I thought he was orgasmic. That's the positive thing about limiting what you eat, you really appreciate the things you didn't get all that often. I'm going to have some strawberries tonight with a little Splenda for dessert. Yummy!

My niece is getting married in Vegas on Nov. 11th and I emailed my prof for an idea of the fall schedule and if nothing changes, I'll get to go! I'm so excited about it. And I think in April I may be going to LA for a convention so I'm going to call up one of my cousin's and see if she'd pick me up at the airport so we can spend the day together. Southwest is having killer deals on flights to Vegas right now ($53/one way) but LA is a little higher $73/one way, but still pretty damn do-able. Actually, just when I'm thinking about it, maybe I'll try to swing an extra day in so I can see my aunt and uncle too. That'd be great since I haven't seen them for a while. Not going to be able to see the padres though unless I come up with something to entice them to California, lol. I can see me now "MOM, ELVIS IS ALIVE AND WELL AND SITTING RIGHT NEXT TO ME!!" She'd leave skid marks in the driveway to get here then.

I'll try to post some recipes once in a while from the SB books since so many of them are so yummy. Still wanting to get the other book but just haven't gotten it yet. Wow, if this post was anymore boring, I'd be sleeping right now. Sorry about that. Thinking about all the work I have to get done for both school and job and can't be my usual witty self I guess. That's good to know actually. Note to self: Don't try to be funny when you're stressed out, it fails miserably.

I've gotten involved with the shady FSM forum group and suddenly, I've been nominated to write something for a little online magazine they want to do, also offered to be an editor and somehow got voted to put it together. Hmmm...something fishy there. Anyway, gonna call up the cuz and see what she says and then I'll start homework, yessir. Fun times.

Love,
B

No comments: