Sunday, March 23, 2008

Assassins and fairies

I had a hit last night. An assassin sneaked into my computer room and decimated my poor seedlings. After much detective work and some crack forensic science, I believe that I have identified the perpetrator.


Oh WHY? These are destroyed.


Sigh.


Here's a mugshot of the culprit. I don't know what I did to him to deserve this kind of Mafia hit, but it's too late to do anything to save the little seedlings. In case you were wondering what his punishment will be, that's for the courts to decide.

We've also recently had a supernatural experience. I went out to get the mail one day and noticed this:





You may wonder why this was supernatural. Well, last year, I cleared this entire bed out. CLEARED it. There couldn't possibly have been anything growing in there and there was definitely nothing like this growing in there at all. We must have been visited by the bulb gods who laid this neat pattern as a gift. Alternatively, it could be signal that we are about to be abducted by aliens. Either way, it will make for a good story. It reminded me of the mushrooms that often will pop up in a ring, so, I've determined we have our own personal fairy ring, similar to the one below that I swiped a photo of off google images.



I think I should probably call that show Paranormal States. It comes on A&E after Intervention (best show ever) and is so silly. Paul now refuses to watch it with me since I'm constantly snorting. Anyway, that's our latest fun.

B

1 comment:

Laura said...

wow!
we had one of those fairy rings too, will take pics for you IF it comes back.

and the early spring appearance is to me verification that those are daylilies as they grown from tiny bulblets, so you could think you cleared out the bed, but you left enough behind to do the job... and stimulated them into new growth with big mama gone!