Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Eve at the Potters

So, on Christmas Eve, we headed to Paul's family for the traditional German dinner and present opening with his family.

The tree at Paul Sr.'s house. 


Dinner. Weiners, smoked ham, potatoes, bread and sauerkraut. Why isn't that spelled "sourkraut"? Wouldn't that make life easier on everyone? In case anyone was curious, that's Renee, Paul's sister; Paul Sr., Paul's dad; Paul; Marty, Renee's husband.


Paul and I in our Santa hats! Damn. We are a handsome couple. Heh.


Paul Sr.'s dog Tipper. Tipper is a BIG girl. She gets a lot of treats.


Paul in all his Kris Kringle glory. The shirt he's wearing says "Get in Line Ladies". I can't control him at all. I actually let him go in public like that.
 

Sr. busted into his presents and got stuff he liked (I think). He's more the silent type.
 

Paul got this shirt for his sister. It says "Nice Rack". She laughed pretty hard, so I think it entertained her.


Paul opening some stuff from his brother. They sent some goofy alien parachute thingees. No, I don't know why, but they were entertaining to us simple people.
 

See, we are entertained.


Apparently, I was a very good girl this year and Santa got me a tiller. Who knew that Santa liked me so much. This is really for "Paul and I", but to be honest, he won't use it. But he'll have fun watching me use it, so it's really a win-win for us all.


The drive home Christmas Day was not exciting, so I decided to take some photos. Here's Toby slammed into a small space (largely because Brody feels the need to occupy the majority of the back). You can see how small and cute he is.


And very, very tired.


Here's the goofball I married. He's nothing if not funny.


And here's ol' gray beard, Brody girl. She's poking out on the far side of the back. Yet her body is spread over a large amount of the back, leaving Toby as little room as possible. And she can. Cause she's a badass.


On the way home, there was a lake that had a shit-ton of ducks. I tried to get it while we were moving, but it's hard to tell that all those little specks are ducks. But I promise that they are. I wouldn't lie to you. Often. About much.
 
That was Christmas Eve and Day. We're supposed to be heading to Nebraska to have our Christmas with my side of the family, but we may have to postpone if the weather decides to get really crappy. The main issue is that it's supposed to be nasty pretty much the entire trip.

Notice the snow band that's heading our way. It's going to nail I-29. Sweet. We're basically in limbo while waiting to see what's going to happen. St. Joseph about 45 min north of us is supposed to get so bad that traveling will be "impossible". We'll see!

Anyway, hope you all had a warm, Merry Christmas!

Love, 
Belinda


1 comment:

Nikki said...

Yes, when I look at that picture of Brody, I totally think 'badass'.