Saturday, December 27, 2008

Just wait...

If you've lived in the Midwest, I'm sure you've heard the ol' adage of "don't like the weather? Wait a day." No shit. We are the epitome of this. Yesterday, it was 65 degrees. The day after Christmas. No really. That picture below has not been doctored or edited in anyway. On Christmas morning, it was 28 degrees and we watched the temperature creep up. By the time we went to bed, it was 44 degrees. Then, yesterday it did that. Heh.

Now, there are slight ramifications to these types of temperature swings in December. We got a really nasty thunderstorm with lots and lots of wind last night. I've already fixed it, but all the furniture on our front porch was moved around and our fence was tilting a bit. There is a broken post that will have to be replaced. So, guess you don't get the love with a slap in the face.



And now, today, less than 12 hours later, it has swung down again and is pounding us with freezing rain. Note the temperature. Awesome. Seriously. Awesome. The wind was so bad last night, both Paul and I were woken up by things slamming into the windows. Haven't heard yet what the actual miles per hour were, but I'm going to take a guess and say it was "Holy Shit" miles per hour or perhaps even "Watch out Mabel, the trees gonna crush our house" miles per hour.

Told ya.

Love,
Belinda

1 comment:

Nikki said...

Awesome. I just saw this crazy thunderstorm on TV and was like, crap, that's right over Kansas City. And then I thought, "Thank goodness I'm not there." Of course, now you have me worried that something may have happened to my house.

PS, it was almost 80 here yesterday and is currently 72 degrees. I don't want to go home.