Friday, May 08, 2009

My poor dog!

When the vet called me yesterday and told me Toby had done fine and the mass wasn't cancer and it got all removed, but the incision was pretty big. I was thinking 2 maybe 3 inches.

And I would be wrong. I picked him up today and his incision looks HUGE. Photos below! And they shaved him. A lot.


Wow. That looks painful!! Sorry buddy.


The vet tells me he took out nearly a pound and a half of fatty tissue. Toby just got skinnier!


Yowza. I'm supposed to make sure he doesn't lick at it and he goes back in two weeks for the sutures to be removed. Every time I hear him licking at ANYTHING, I have to stop what I'm doing and check up on him. So far he's only tried to get at it once. Hopefully, he'll stay away from it. Brody was pretty happy to see him. I had to stop her from accidentally bumping into his bad side, but she was bouncing like a puppy!

Since I was outside with the dogs, I went ahead a took a couple of more pics of "garden".


Potatoes! I wasn't sure these would really do anything, but in about 80 days, I'll have taters!



Do you see all the lovely white flowers?!? Yay, strawberries!

I think my tomatoes came today, so that's interesting since I have no actual GROUND to put them in. Maybe I'll get some dirt this weekend and get the raised beds started. We'll see what Potter says!

Belinda

No comments: