Wednesday, July 06, 2005

4th of July

I should be getting in the shower right now as I'm going to be late for work, but oh well. After working 13 hours on Friday, I think I can afford to be 15 minutes late to update. (OHHHH, that rhymed). So, here's the 4th for ya'll. Actually, we'll start with the 3rd. That night, my hubby called and said that he was going to the bar with someone from work and would be home after a couple of beers. Well, the phone rings at 1:30 in the morning, which I immediately pick up and say, "You must be drunk." He was. Made the wise decision to not drive home and stayed at his buddy's house. So at about 8 am the morning of the 4th, I feel a hand on my arm and about come out of the bed as no one was supposed to be in bed with me. It was the boy who crawled into bed after driving home that morning. He made the comment that when he walked in the house, no dogs barked and I didn't move, so anybody could've gotten into bed with me. I grunted, rolled over and went back to sleep (you can see how concerned I was)! We officially woke up around 11 am which was WONDERFUL to sleep that late! Then called some friends to find out what we were to bring to the BBQ. Paul was feeling okay until he took a shower, then the hangover hit him. It was pretty damn funny and I mocked him while faking sympathy. He wasn't fooled for a second. Usually, I'm the one with the hangover, but mine consist of profuse vomiting for hours and hours. His was just a tummy ache. The world is an unfair place. This is why I rarely over-indulge anymore. Don't know why, but just don't like puking. Anyway, I went into Wal-Mart and collected the yummies and a scale to start our big bet. We haven't yet figured out who gets what when they win. I suggested the winner gets to pick a vacation spot, which made us both roll with laughter as he gets no vacation this year (according to the boss, no one is getting vacation until they get more help...which was supposed to be in Aug., but now is maybe Oct.).

After hitting Wal-Mart, we went to R and M's place and hung out on the porch watching their puppies run around. The puppies were a consequence of bad timing on their part in not separating out their male/female dogs in time. They've just gotten the male fixed since this is the 2nd round of "ooopps" puppies they've had to deal with. They're so adorable and of course, I wanted to take one home with me...Paul is such a party-pooper. So, the day passed by while we just sat on the porch and relaxed and bullshitted for several hours. R's son was visiting and was so excited about shooting off fireworks, so we managed to rein him in until about 8:30 pm. Then for the next couple of hours, we shot off fireworks and a safe, but good time was had by all. Headed home and had a helluva light show, complete with spooky fog-like effects from the massive amounts of smoke.

Last night, we headed to Lowe's to pick up some more kitchen cabinets. For all who may not know, we're remodeling the kitchen and right now it's pretty torn up. Paul is doing the top first, then the bottom. I even get a new sink and garbage disposal!! Yay! We picked that out last night along with faucets, but won't actually purchase until we're ready to do the bottom. Paul is keeping a photo record of his progress, so I'll post them on Shutterfly and share with everyone once it's all done. I'm excited about it! Thank goodness that my parents are coming in Oct. for their 40th anniversary party, because this forces a deadline for him.

I spent a day on the weekend getting some things together for the party. We decided to not serve a full meal as the number of people actually invited has grown to approximately 160+. We will have an open bar for a while, but will go to a cash bar later on. We'll have snacks and stuff, but nothing major. Of course, we'll have a cake. I'd love to get my parents cake reproduced, but it would be very expensive, so we're going to check into that. I'll blog more on the party later.

Well, I should get to stepping to get to work as I'm going to be supremely late now.
Love, B

No comments: