Monday, July 25, 2005

Finally!! A fun weekend!

On Friday after work, I headed out to Nebraska, the first stop being my brother's house. It took forever to get through the city. There's construction everywhere and instead of the handy-dandy freeways, I have to take this back roads with tons of stabilizes. Ugh. And had to get cash and had to swing through a drive-through. So didn't get into Lincoln until about 9:30 pm after gassing up too. I hate when that light comes on when you're only 15 min. away from your destination. Anywoo, got to bro's place and freshened up a bit, then we headed out to July Jams, downtown festival thingee, where we met up with Tracy and company. Cost $7 to get in, $5 for 9 tickets, 6 tickets for a 10 oz beer. Listened to an Irish band. Watched random men in kilts. Laughed. Found out that they stopped serving alcohol at 11:30 pm. Scrambled to get tickets together to buy final beers. Gave final beers away as not only were they stopping serving, but apparently the whole thing was closing down too. Went to a bar. Had a couple of cheap beers. Was happy. Went home. Slept.

Woke up Saturday morning and went to the kitchen to get the coffee started to pry my eyeballs open since it's dangerous to walk around a strange place with your eyes closed, but found the bro already on top of the coffee issue. Had some java while sharing bullshit, then they headed out to pick up the kids to go to the waterpark in Grand Island. I showered and headed to my niece's to meet little Macy who you can see two posts below if you're so inclined. Such a cute baby!! And hardly ever cries, so she's totally my favorite baby ever. Hung out at a cousin's house most of Sat. with my niece and great-niece. That night, Tracy came over to their house too and we all played poker and had a great time. My cousin and I realized that if I ever moved back there, we would be spending tons of time together and Paul and her husband would hate us. It was great that my niece and her boyfriend got to come and get some much needed fun time! Taught her and Tracy how to play poker. I haven't laughed that hard in forever!! It was so much fun. Should've packed some Depends, just in case, lol.

Sunday, Tash and I went to the mall and got the baby some clothes along with her older daughter. Couldn't pass up some of those outfits, they were adorable! It was so much fun, but kinda nutty at the mall. Course, also bought Tash and myself a little something (er...somethings, that is). Then dropped her and Macy off and headed back home. Got to have a great weekend with my niece and great-nieces, spend some quality getting drunk time with family and friends. Sheesh, if all my weekends back there are like this one, I'll never want to come back home!

Love,
B

No comments: