Sunday, July 10, 2005

I Done Spent Some Money

Well, today I dropped some serious cash and I am still reeling. I'm trying to keep myself from hyperventilating by heavy breathing techniques. I purchased a 14 in. iBook today with 1.33 GhZ SuperDrive with an upgrade in memory to 512 MB since it only came with just a little bit of memory. Then purchased the AppleCare Protection Plan, an external FireWire hard drive (only went with the 40GB, should take care of both systems) and the AirPort Extreme Base Station so I can be on the internet in my damn living room and watch TV. Also picked up a case for the lap top and a firewire cable for the hard drive. Phew. Thank God for educational discounts. Also, got an iPod mini for free with my purchase of the lap top so that's freakin' cool as hell. But still panicking a little. I went ahead and applied for the Apple credit because I get no interest, fees, etc for 90 days and by then I will have my school money and be able to pay it off and close the darn thing. Thought that made more sense than putting it on a current card and paying interest for a month or so. Haven't broken the news to the boy yet, but he'll get over it. He knew I was going to do it, but I just couldn't pass up that iPod :)

Besides, I got free shipping and I wanted to make sure I got what I needed before school started. Decided to not buy iLife since the new puter comes with it, I'll just pirate it on to my old puter. Haha, screw you Jobs!! No seriously, I apologize to the Mac gods for the previous statement. That was so wrong of me. Okay, I'm done, just wanted to share my super news (ack!!) of my purchases. I'll let you know what's what when I get it all.

Love,
B

No comments: